The Victor Stern Scholarship is given each year to junior tennis players who have a passion for tennis and wish to pursue the sport. Junior players must have a record of competitive play, wish to continue playing tennis and have a goal of pursuing a post-high school education.
To apply for the scholarship grant, a junior player must:
1. Be between the ages of 8 and 18 years old.
2. Display good sportsmanship during competitive play.
3. Be maintaining passing grades in school.
4. Demonstrate financial need.
Applications will be accepted between April 1 and July 15 of each year.
A review committee comprised of members of the Victor Stern family and the USTA- Southern California Foundation will award scholarships to deserving junior players.
Recipients agree that their continuing goals and aspirations include playing tennis in an organized setting, in high school, college, clubs, competitions, tournaments and recreationally.
Recipients will be announced by August 30th of each year and invited to attend a luncheon with the Southern California Tennis Foundation and Stern Family representatives.
Please refer to the Southern California Tennis Foundation Guidelines when completing the application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2019
1. Tell us why you are applying for this Scholarship/Grant and your plans for the use of the requested funding.
2. Summarize your tennis background, playing experience and recent tournament results.
3. Describe your short and long term tennis goals - keep in mind that the Victor Stern Scholarship Fund is designed to support juniors between the ages of 8 and 18 who demonstrate academic and athletic promise, aspire to play competitive tennis at the collegiate and/or professional level or to compete in National and Sectional Tournaments and have a passion for the sport of tennis, recognizing that tennis can be a lifelong pursuit.
4. How do you plan to achieve your goals
5. Please describe a significant achievement or event in your life that has made an impact on your education and athletic goals and aspirations.
6. Please describe any tennis related volunteer service you have engaged in.
7. State why you believe you are deserving of a Victor Stern Scholarship Grant.
Contributions and donations go to the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation (SCTAF) to benefit the LA84 Foundation SCTA/NJTL. SCTAF is a recognized charity with 501(C)(3) status.
420 Charles E. Young Drive West
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: (310) 208-3838
Fax: (310) 824-7691