By Karen Ronney
Calling all SCTA Foundation tennis fans to register now for a Tennis Paradise Experience to Play With The Pros and then Watch the Pros at the BNP Paribas on Sunday, March 13, for an incredible tennis adventure. This SCTA Foundation sponsored event will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and proceeds will support the SCTA Foundation’s mission to make tennis an equal opportunity sport helping under-served players, programs and communities. With your help, we can inspire greatness in kids and adults of all ages and levels through the sport of tennis.
The Tennis Paradise Experience include splaying tennis with amazing pros, enjoying lunch with the tennis super stars, and then joining the SCTA Foundation in a VIP BNP Paribas private and catered suite to watch the matches. The donor contribution is $5,000. To reserve your Tennis Paradise Experience opportunity, contact Linda Milan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your day from 11am to 1pm at the exclusive PGA West’s Tennis Club. You will meet and play with:
- Coco Vandeweghe: The 2018 U.S. Open Doubles champion, the winner of two WTA titles, and she was the Junior U.S. Open Champ.
- Kathy Rinaldi: A winner of three singles and two doubles titles on the WTA Tour. She was also the women’s Fed Cup Captain in 2017, and was the 1991 WTA Most Impressive Newcomer of the Year.
- Rick Leach: Winner of five Grand Slam Doubles and four Mixed Doubles titles. He was ranked No 1 in the world in doubles in 1990 and a member of the U.S. Davis Cup.
- Scott Davis: The 1991 Australian Open Doubles Champion and a career winner of 22 doubles and 3 singles titles. He was ranked No 1 in the world for junior singles.
- David McPherson: Collected 16 career doubles titles and was ranked No 11 in the world (doubles) in 1992. He is currently John Isner’s coach and the former coach of one of the greatest duos of all time, Mike and Bob Bryan from 2005 to 2016.
- Bradley Klahn: Won the 2010 NCAA Singles championship from Stanford University and had a career high of No 63 in 2014. He was the No 1 ranked junior in 2008.
(Other players may attend pending confirmation due to tournament scheduling.)
There will be hitting sessions and lunch with the pros, and also meet Charlie Pasarell (Former No 1 in the world 1967 and the co-founder of the National Junior Tennis & Learning). You can bring a guest to lunch for an additional $500 contribution.
At 6pm, an incredible tennis experience awaits you and a guest at the BNP Paribas to watch some of the best players in the world in a private catered suite sponsored by the SCTA Foundation. You will enjoy the company of Gigi Fernandez (Five U.S. Open Doubles titles and a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist) , Pam Shriver (20 Grand Slam Doubles titles and a Olympic Gold Medalist), Michael Chang (French Open Champion, and winner of 34 singles titles) , Paul Annacone (former coach of Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Sloane Stephens), and current tournament players to be announced, also depending on tournament scheduling.
“This total package will be an incredible experience for tennis fans in so many ways,” said Linda Milan, the Executive Director of the SCTA Foundation. “It’s a dream to meet and play with these great pros and then enjoy lunch in an intimate setting. The evening only gets better with a VIP BNP Suite experience as you watch the matches and enjoy a catered event with more great players. We’re excited to offer this opportunity.”
This Tennis Paradise Experience fundraiser supports the SCTA Foundation’s mission to make tennis an equal opportunity sport. This year, we have a #Camps4Kids campaign goal to raise $100,000 to send 250 So Cal junior players to tennis camps this summer. Your donation and participation in this extraordinary event will help make kids’ tennis dreams come true.
Spaces are limited so hurry and reserve your spot for the Tennis Paradise Experience opportunity. For reservations and info contact Linda Milan at email@example.com.
About the SCTA Foundation: Our mission of “Changing Lives and Communities through Tennis,” serves as a pathway to offer financial support to individuals and organizations. We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization and the charitable arm of USTA Southern California. We help people of all ages and abilities to improve their health, fitness and quality of life through the sport of tennis. Founded in 1986, the SCTA Foundation has had a community impact of giving more than $500,000 last year through grants, scholarships, program support, equipment and more to recipients throughout Southern California. We rely on the generosity of donors, foundations, businesses, corporations and other entities to fulfill our mission. To learn more about the SCTA Foundation, please visit sctafoundation.org. To donate CLICK HERE.