Have an idea to grow the game of tennis? We may be able to offer a grant that can help. We offer a variety of grants that support tennis programs, projects, leagues, and events, and we welcome innovative ideas and grassroots endeavors.
Before you apply, carefully read our funding guidelines and requirements, and review the application. We strive to make the application process clear and simple. If you have questions about whether your organization qualifies for a grant, please contact our executive director, Linda Milan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we fund
- Grants that align with our funding priorities
- Programs, projects, events, leagues, and equipment
- Operations, staffing, capacity building, sustainability, and capital development
- Grassroots organizations, startups, and innovative ideas
- Challenge and matching grants
- Grants to increase the popularity of tennis in Southern California based on the tenets of our mission
- Advance the enjoyment, awareness, and participation of tennis
- Make a positive impact on the lives of people of all ages, ability, ethnicity, and economic background
- Serve low-income populations, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities
- Make a positive impact on communities
What we do not fund
- Grants for religious purposes, research, or endowments
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
- Foreign organizations or individuals
- Political campaigns or activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or national origin
Grants are made to organizations that operate in the Southern California Section of the USTA.
Submissions can be made anytime throughout the year. However, submissions not received by the first day of the last month of each quarter (March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1) may not receive a decision until the following quarter. All funding decisions are made the last week of each quarter: March, June, September, and December.
Eligibility for reapplying
Grant recipients are eligible to reapply nine (9) months after they’ve received their funding and only after they’ve submitted their final report.
How to apply
After reading the funding guidelines and requirements, and the application, if you feel you qualify for a grant, you can submit an online application here: