By Karen Ronney
The SCTA Foundation has partnered with Amazon to support our amazing communities, providers and organizations with a simple smile. That’s right, it starts with AmazonSmile, a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice. We support tennis for people of all ages, those with disabilities, wounded veterans, seniors, low income populations, youth programs as well as top players. So please select the SCTA Foundation while you are making your everyday Amazon purchases at no extra cost.
Here’s how it works:
If you are using a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select Southern California Tennis Association Foundation as your preferred charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
If you shop using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TENNIS ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
Our mission of “Changing Lives and Communities through Tennis,” serves as a pathway to offer financial support to individuals and organizations. We are a 501©3 nonprofit organization and the charitable arm of USTA Southern California. We help people of all ages and abilities to improve their health, fitness and quality of life through the sport of tennis. Founded in 1986, the SCTA Foundation has had a community impact of giving more than $500,000 this year through grants, scholarships, program support, equipment and more to recipients throughout Southern California. To learn more about the SCTA Foundation, please visit sctafoundation.org. To donate CLICK HERE