An AmazonSmile Can Make a Difference
By Karen Ronney
The SCTA Foundation has partnered with Amazon to support our amazing communities, providers and organizations with a simple smile. That’s right, it starts with AmazonSmile, a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice. We support tennis for people of all ages, those with disabilities, wounded veterans, seniors, low income populations, youth programs as well as top players. So please select the SCTA Foundation while you are making your everyday Amazon purchases at no extra cost.
Here’s how it works:
If you are using a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select Southern California Tennis Association Foundation as your preferred charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
If you shop using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
Karen Ronney’s stories appear weekly at sctafoundation.org.