By Karen Ronney
It all starts with a smile. Every time you shop at Amazon for all of your needs, you can have an impact and help the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation make tennis an equal opportunity sport. We have partnered with Amazon’s program called AmazonSmile, a community outreach fundraising campaign that donates 0.5% of your eligible Amazon purchases to the charity of your choice. Please consider naming the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation your designated charity.
Your Amazon Smile donations will allow the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation to offer scholarships and grants to players of all ages and stages, those with disabilities, veterans, seniors, high performance players and more. We support under-served communities, low income populations, adult leagues, teaching professionals and youth summer camps. We also offer scholarships to junior players that show promise.
Now it just got easier. If you CLICK HERE, it automatically sends your purchases to through the Amazon Smile program. Follow the prompts and then name the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation your charity of choice.
“So many people shop at Amazon and this is an incredible way to help us make an impact,” said Linda Milan, the Executive Director of the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation. “With your help, we can bring tennis to kids, adults, veterans, promising juniors, the military and so many more with one simple click. We are grateful for your support.”
Here’s how it works:
If you are using a web browser:
- Go to https://couponfollow.com/smilematic and allow it to direct your browser to the Amazon Smile program.
- At smile.amazon.com follow the prompts
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select Southern California Tennis Association Foundation as your preferred charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
If you shop using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
To learn more about how the SCTA Foundation makes an impact click here.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TENNIS ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
Our mission of “Changing Lives and Communities through Tennis,” serves as a pathway to offer financial support to individuals and organizations. We are a 501©3 nonprofit organization and the charitable arm of USTA Southern California. We help people of all ages and abilities to improve their health, fitness and quality of life through the sport of tennis. Founded in 1986, the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation has had a community impact of giving more than $600,000 in the past two years through tennis grants, tennis scholarships, tennis program support, tennis equipment and more to recipients throughout Southern California. To learn more about the SCTA Foundation, please visit sctafoundation.org. To donate CLICK HERE