Want a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the 2023 US Open? The Southern California Tennis Association Foundation is raising money in support of Ivan Smith.
Ivan Smith, a 21-year-old standout San Diego tennis star, became the NAIA Men’s Open Doubles champ while competing for San Diego Christian College last year. On April 5th, 2022 he was paralyzed in a car accident on his way to his college team’s practice session in Texas. Ivan endured major surgery to rebuild his spine with 16 screws — his ribs were broken, his lungs were punctured, both clavicle bones were broken, plus his spinal cord was severely damaged around TH 7-8.
The 2023 US Open, Ivan Smith Fundraiser is raising funds that will go directly toward Ivan’s extensive care and rehabilitation. All donations are tax-deductible. A $25 donation will provide ONE opportunity to win the trip. $100 will provide you with FIVE opportunities to win the trip. The drawing will take place on May 21, 2023 and the winner will be notified immediately by email or phone.
WHAT’S INCLUDED? This unique experience is valued over $5,000 and includes:
- Round trip airfare for two from anywhere in the U.S. to New York
- Hotel accommodations for two from Friday 9/1 to Monday 9/4.
- Three nights at the New York Hilton Midtown
- Unlimited round-trip transportation between hotel and the US Open daily
- Two tickets to the Exclusive President’s Box for one day/evening session (with full hospitality)
- Two tickets to Arthur Ashe Stadium for two day sessions
- US Open swag
- Balboa Tennis Club 100th Anniversary Commemorative t-shirts
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN US OPEN TICKETS
There are several ways to enter for a chance to win:
- Visit https://secure.qgiv.com/for/usopenopportunityivansmithfundraiser.
- Text: IVAN TO 501-55 (Pay online by credit card)
- Cash or check accepted (Made out to SCTA Foundation, EIN: 95-4112667)
- Mail to: SCTA Foundation; 4490 W. Point Loma Blvd., San Diego, CA 92107
To follow the family’s reports on Ivan’s ongoing progress, visit the GoFundMe page.
*Reposted from USTA Southern California
We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization and is the charitable arm of USTA Southern California. The Foundation’s mission is to “Change lives and build communities through tennis.” Since 2020, the SCTA Foundation has had a community impact of giving over $1million in tennis grants and tennis scholarships to deserving youth, adults, tennis organizations, tennis facilities and tennis programs to make tennis an equal opportunity sport, accessible to all, regardless of age, ability, ethnicity, or economic background. Visit us on Social Media on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. To learn more about the SCTA Foundation go to: www.sctafoundation.org. To donate go to: sctafoundation.org/donate/ or https://secure.qgiv.com/for/sctfougivtue