By Karen Ronney
The Southern California Tennis Association Foundation has once again partnered with Amazon’s fundraising program to support Southern California tennis communities, tennis providers and tennis organizations with a simple smile. That’s right, it starts with AmazonSmile, a community outreach fundraising campaign that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice. You can help by making the Southern California Association Foundation your charity of choice.
The donations will allow the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation to offer scholarships and grants to players of all ages and stages, those with disabilities, veterans, seniors, high performance players and more. We support under-served communities, low income populations, adult leagues, teaching professionals and youth summer camps. We also offer scholarships to junior players that show promise.
The Southern California Tennis Association Foundation strives to make tennis an equal opportunity sport. How can you help? Please select the Southern California Tennis Association Foundation while you are making your everyday Amazon purchases at no extra cost. This action will make a huge difference.
Here’s how it works:
If you are using a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select Southern California Tennis Association Foundation as your preferred charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
If you shop using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TENNIS ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
Our mission of “Changing Lives and Communities through Tennis,” serves as a pathway to offer financial support to individuals and organizations. We are a 501©3 nonprofit organization and the charitable arm of USTA Southern California. We help people of all ages and abilities to improve their health, fitness and quality of life through the sport of tennis. Founded in 1986, the SCTA Foundation has had a community impact of giving more than $500,000 this year through tennis grants, tennis scholarships, tennis program support, tennis equipment and more to recipients throughout Southern California. To learn more about the SCTA Foundation, please visit sctafoundation.org. To donate CLICK HERE